Baja East designers Scott Studenberg and John Targon are known for their relaxed silhouettes and rich fabrics; and their SS18 pieces at NYFW kept in line with their signature style. The outdoor runway show captured the essence of ready-to-wear, and Oribe Global Ambassador James Pecis (@jamespecis) created two hairstyles that served as a nod to the ’90s featuring strong, angular lines and clean shapes with minimalistic undertones.
Get the look: Geometric Pony
- Section a deep diagonal side part from right to left toward the ear. Pin this section and set aside.
- With the remaining hair, spray roots with Maximista Thickening Spray and sculpt into a low, smooth ponytail.
- Drop the previous section, keeping hair to the right and exposing the partings. Connect this section to the ponytail.
- Use Star Glow Styling Wax to clean up edges.
- Flat iron the length of the ponytail and finish with a touch of Featherbalm Weightless Styler.
Get the look: Textured Back
- Spray Maximista Thickening Spray throughout the hair, concentrating on the roots from the ears forward.
- Use a styling brush to blow-dry hair away from the face, keeping height and volume near the top.
- Warm-up Star Glow Styling Wax in hands and distribute through hair for weight and shine.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.