Jennifer Lopez attended last night’s American Music Awards to perform her new single, "Limitless," from the soundtrack to her upcoming movie, Second Act. Before the performance, she looked incredible on the red carpet, partial thanks owed to Redken Brand Ambassador Chad Wood, who styled her hair into a loose, twisted updo.
To recreate the style on your own clients, Woods shares how he got the look.
RECREATE THE LOOK:
- Prep hair and protect it from heat by using a few spritzes of Redken Iron Shape 11 to the roots down to the ends to protect the hair from heat, and to add shine and memory to your style.
- Follow up with a small pump of Redken Satinwear 04 on the ends to add a bit of polish and an added layer of protection.
- Use a blow-dryer on low using a round brush to smooth the hair, adding a little lift at the root.
- Follow up with a straightening iron to clean up the hair around the face and on the ends.
- Spray a few spritzes of Redken’s NEW Triple Dry 15 Dry Texture Finishing Spray at the roots and mid-shaft of hair to give texture and a bit of added hold.
- Create stronger waves throughout the lengths by using a 1-inch curling iron.
- Once cooled, pull all the lengths into a high ponytail and tease hair into its desired shape in the back, using hairpins as you go to hold the look into a messy knot.
- Pull out some face-framing pieces for a bit of softness, and tousle with your fingertips.
- Finish with a strong hairspray, like Redken Triple Take 32 Hairspray, to set everything in place.