New York City's biannual Bridal Fashion Week hit town last week and brought a preview of what next year's brides might be wearing down the aisle.
In addition to sultry styles that have now become part of the norm—low-plunging necklines and exposed backs—more modest pieces also made an appearance, with pant suits and traditional simplicity taking center stage.
At Naeem Khan's bridal presentation, the designer paired sequin-embellished tracksuits and body-hugging gowns with a more untraditional hairstyle. Styled by Moroccanoil global artistic director, Kevin Hughes, the look drew inspiration from a new, modern girl who is brilliant, active in society and desires a couture feeling with a fresh twist—the rockstar bride.
GET THE LOOK:
- On damp hair, use two pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment—or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer tones—to provide the perfect foundation for styling and comb through the hair.
- Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost and blow dry the hair straight with a Moroccanoil Professional Series Ceramic Hair Dryer and a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
- Take a horseshoe shaped section through the top of the hair and clip away. With the remaining hair, create a French twist and secure with bobby pins.
- Release the top section and create multiple knots through the entire horseshoe section to shorten the hair and pin in place at the base.
- Spray the hair with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong at the root. Tease with a small Moroccanoil Tail Comb to get the hair to stand on end.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong.