It’s New York Fashion Week and that means one thing: A weeklong celebration of stunning runway inspiration and hairstyles to match. To start things off, we’re sharing how-tos from Nathan Rosenkranz and Roxanne Attard for Alterna Haircare. Rosenkranz styled models for the Nomia show to emulate the “cool girl” while Attard referenced ‘70s disco for the Solace London presentation. Read on for the step-by-steps to recreate the looks.
HAIR: Nathan Rosenkranz for Alterna Haircare
INSPIRATION: The hair is intended to evoke a sporty, yet put together feel that comes together naturally.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep the hair by wetting it down with a spray bottle.
- Next, work Alterna Haircare Caviar Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist throughout the hair from roots to ends, followed by Alterna Haircare Bamboo Silk-Sleek Brilliance Cream to reduce frizz and add shine.
- Gently dry the hair with a blow dryer and flat brush to smooth it out, making sure it is not completely dry.
- Apply Alterna Haircare Caviar Thick & Full Volume Mousse to the roots of the hair for added volume and texture, followed by a bit more Alterna Haircare Caviar Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist for added shine.
- Next, add motion to the hair by spraying Alterna Haircare Caviar Working Hair Spray to the front pieces while blow-drying outward away from the face.
- Seal the look in place with Alterna Haircare Caviar Working Hair Spray.
HAIR: Roxanne Attard for Alterna Haircare
INSPIRATION: To create a feeling of playfulness, Attard worked with the idea that the Solace London girl may have woken up from a Studio 54-esque party the night before. Remnants of curls with a cool, lived-in casualness creates a modern inconsistency in the texture.
GET THE LOOK:
- Take a deep side party on the right hand side where the recession is using a straight yet natural part line (avoid an overly clean line).
- If necessary, depending on the natural texture of the hair, apply a layer of the Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Milk Leave-In Conditioner or the Alterna Haircare Caviar CC Cream to provide extra moisture before styling.
- Slightly mist the hair with water. Start from the nape area, apply Alterna Haircare Bamboo Volume Weightless Whipped Mousse section by section from roots to ends and comb away from the face using a wide toothcomb.
- Blow-dry the hair using fingers only, applying tension to the roots and directing hair away from the face. Once the hair is dry, brush through using a Mason Pearson brush to prepare it.
- Starting from the nape, take a section (1 inch high and 3 inches thick) and spritz with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Style Invisible Roller Contour Setting Spray. Use a flat iron to create a nice S movement in the hair, leaving the ends naturally straight. Work your way up the head. Once you are below the crown, use a curling iron instead to have an element of inconsistency in the texture to create an even more natural end result.
- Using a small curling iron, take 5/6 small random sections across the hairline to create some small ringlets.
- Starting from behind the ear, working towards the crown, take 1 inch thick section and apply a small amount of Alterna Haircare Caviar Style Concrete Extreme Definition Clay on the roots to create a “lived-in” feeling.
- To finish the look, break apart and pull out some of the ringlets created around the hair line and add 2/3 random ringlet sections in the back to marry the two looks together.
- Mist the hair with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist to give the look a polished finish. Seal the look with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Extra Hold Hair Spray.
About: An alternative vision born in salons: premium hair products free of additives or harsh ingredients. And a revolution in haircare was born...Alterna. A trailblazer in the world of luxury haircare and styling, Alterna has always been about purity and innovation inspired by skincare science.