On June 8, designer Pamela Roland previewed her Resort 2018 collection at Italian jeweler, Bulgari. To complement her collection, Marshall Lin of Frédéric Fekkai Soho tapped into the growing "Cher Hair" trend, giving his models super smooth, straight hair. The trend is taking off because it gives a woman a confident vibe that beautifully frames both her features and her clothing. Numerous celebrities and models—such a Nicki Minaj, Zendaya and Bella Hadid—have recently been rocking the free-flowing, sleek '70s style. And their followers and fans are taking notice, requesting the style at salons. I guess Cher really can "turn back time"—to her own iconic look.
Get the look:
- Start off by adding Fekkai Blowout Primer, which shields the hair from heat damage and wards off frizz.
- Meticulously straighten the hair, giving it a silky, straight texture. Then create a center part à la Cher circa 1971.
- Section the hair to the point of the ear, and comb or brush the hair to the nape of the neck.
- Bring together both sides and form a low ponytail, and brush the hair down over ponytail.
- Finish off the look by adding a touch of Fekkai Blowout Sealing Serum, which adds shine and keeps the style smooth and shiny all day long. And apply a light misting of Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray to hold everything in place.