When fashion blogger Elaine Daneshrad stepped into the salon, she had a bold, sunrise color melt look with vibrant shades of red, orange and blonde intermingling on her hair. Her wish for this appointment: a soft, ashy blonde hue seen on celebrities such as Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Hudson. Lucky for her, George Papanikolas, Matrix Celebrity Stylist, was up to the task. By using MATRIX BOND ULTIM8 during the lightening process, Papanikolas lightened the vibrant colors while giving her hair a healthier, softer texture. And, by the end of her appointment, she was transformed into the beach-blonde bombshell of her dreams. Here, Papanikolas breaks down his formulas and steps.
Get the look:
- Scalp Formula: 1 scoop Light Master & 1.5 oz. Light Master Oil Additive & 1 oz. 20 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier
- Mid-lengths & Ends Formula: 2 scoops Light Master & 1 oz. 40 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier
- FORUMLA A: 3 oz. Color Sync 6M & 2 oz. 8M & 4 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier
- FORMULA B:1 oz. Color Sync Clear & 1 oz. Watercolors Quartz Pink & 2 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier
- FORUMLA C: 1.5 oz. Color Sync Clear & 1.5 oz. Watercolors Quartz Pink & 2 oz. 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier.
STEP BY STEP
- Start by applying the pre-lightening formulas to the darkest areas of the hair and process until the desired lightness is achieved, or up to 50 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and lightly cleanse using MATRIX Total Results Color Obsessed Shampoo and towel dry.
- Apply FORMULA A to the scalp area, FORMULA B to the mid-lengths and FORMULA C to the ends, process up to 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Apply MATRIX BOND Ultim8 Step 2 Sealer for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, cleanse and condition using MATRIX Total Results Color Obsessed Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Spray MATRIX Style Link Rough me Up Salt Infused Spray on damp hair and blow-dry with a large round brush until the roots are dry, then release from brush and blow-dry downward.
- Dry the rest of the hair with your hands twisting sections around your fingers to create texture. For additional texture, spray MATRIX Style Link Mineral Playback Dry Shampoo.
- To finish, spray Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil-Mist to add shine and smooth out the ends.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.