Who else has a serious sweet tooth? Earlier this summer, Matrix put a sugary twist on fashion hair with their Ice Cream Color Melting trend. We've been drooling over their sherbet-esque unicorn melt, vanilla-inspired platinum melt, and tasty mauve melt, but the intergalactic geode melt is taking color melting to an entirely new level.
In this step-by-step, Matrix artists Salvatore Riccardi (@savlatore_riccardi_hd) and Stevie English (@StevieEnglishHair) gave their model an out-of-this-world color transformation with a seamless blend of indigo, pearl and lavender. Watch the process unfold below.
Formula B: 1:1 Color Sync 8V + 5VV + 1 drop 1A + 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Formula C: 1:1 Color Sync Watercolors Sapphire Blue + 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Formula D: 2:1 Color Sync Clear + Watercolors Sapphire Blue + 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Get the Color
- Use four-quadrant sectioning and 1/8 inch sub-sections. Apply Formula A starting 1/2 inch away from scalp, pulling through mid-lengths and ends. Process until 2/3 of desired lightness is achieved. Mix new batch of Formula A for scalp and apply.
- Process until desired lightness is achieved or up to 50 minutes.
- Weave fine babylights around the face frame apply BOND Ultim8 Step 2 Sealer and isolate in foils.
- For color melt, working in 1/2 inch sub-sections, apply Formula B to scalp area and out first few inches, melt in Formula C, melt in Formula D.
- Process up to 20 minutes, remove foils and emulsify colors.
- Rinse thoroughly.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.