As one of the leading ladies on The CW's action-packed series "The 100," the fictional character "Octavia Blake" can be seen sporting warrior-chic braids week after week. Drawing inspiration from the badass character, Martin Plascencia, Moroccanoil's Creative Design team member, created a futuristic braid that's bringing us right into The 100's post-apocalyptic era.
Get the look:
- Cleanse and condition hair with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Apply Moroccanoil Treatment Light from mid-lengths through ends.
- Add Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and Moroccanoil Thickening Lotion from roots through ends and rough-dry to 100 percent.
- Create a 1-inch subsection at the front hairline between the recession areas and begin a Dutch braid.
- Design Tip: Drop small slices of hair around the hairline to create softness.
- As the braid progresses toward the back, release slices of hair from the previously braided link. Continue this pattern until you reach the nape. Secure hair ends with an elastic.
- Working from front to back, apply Moroccanoil Styling Gel Strong to the loose slices and create a French rope braid. Secure rope braid with a bobby pin.
- Use Moroccanoil Molding Cream and blouse the Dutch braid. Apply Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to the loose ends, ruche and finish with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
About: What began as a single, revolutionary product that pioneered a new category in the beauty industry, has grown into a full line of hair and body products, all infused with nourishing antioxidant-rich argan oil, signature to the brand. Dedicated to providing the highest quality hair and body products, Moroccanoil has grown into an iconic beauty brand in less than a decade.