Debuting a collection of chic day and night wear, including trench coats, evening gowns and blazers, Dior Couture hit the runway at Paris Fashion Week to pay homage to the legend himself, Mr. Christian Dior. Complimenting the ethereal intricacy of the fall collection, Redken Global Director Guido Palau styled the models hair to match the show's subtle theme: travel.
In this step-by-step, Palau walks us through a simple, windswept ponytail perfect for your fashion-forward clients. “The hair is a very simple ponytail that’s a little bit windswept. There’s a romance to this girl—she’s traveled, so it’s a bit disheveled. The look is easy and cinematic," Palau says.
Get the look:
- Prep hair with Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner. Allow to air dry.
- Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 throughout the roots to the ends to add additional texture and grip.
- Using your fingers, comb hair to a low, clean side part for a bit of a masculine edge.
- Using two different curling irons, curl throughout your lengths for added, irregular texture.
- Secure the hair into a low, soft ponytail with a black elastic.
- Taking one small section of hair, wrap your hair around the black elastic and secure with a bobby pin to hold.
About: For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. For more information, visit RedkenPro.com.