For Kristen Stewart’s Met Ball 2016 hair look, celebrity stylist Adir Abergel for Pai-Shau created a futuristic cyber updo inspired by the dramatic black-silver Chanel dress that she wore as well as from memories of his first encounter with the edgy technology of the late 80’s.
The look was raw, deconstructed and striking. Kristen's hair color was bleached blonde with contrasting darker roots. Hair was directed up and accented by twisted knots with spiky ends and a defined cornrow side braid. The style was a modern, edgy take on the punk and hacker-chic styles of that era.
How Adir Abergel Created The Look:
- “I started with Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex. I love the beautiful, weightless foundation it gives. It also primed and hydrated Kristen's newly-bleached hair so the texture was smooth and shiny, almost like virgin hair, so it was easier to style.”
- “I took a handful of Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse to give the hair body and the right structure, working it in from roots to mid length. Next, I blow-dried it up and away from the face, using a diffuser, to create some volume and to lock in the deconstructed texture. I then very loosely let the bottom section fall down naturally while the rest of the hair was put up into the futuristic updo.”
- “Once the hair was dry and ready to be put up, I took the top sections and gave them a light tease at the root. I then made random knotted twists and secured them with hairpins, making sure that the ends stayed out for a bit more of a spiky feel.”
- “I continued creating the knots with spiky ends all the way around, and for a final accented detail I made a corn row braid on the right side of Kristen’s head.”
- “I finished with a weightless spray of Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray for flexible hold and all night memory.”
About: Pai-Shau. The Name. And The Philosophy.The name Pai-Shau comes from the Portuguese word for Passion, paixão. Pai-Shau’s philosophy is Passion for Performance, Life and People. The entire collection of Pai-Shau hair care products are available exclusively at fine salons. Visit www.pai-shau.com for more information.