Giannandrea, International Creative Director for Macadamia Professional, gave Christina Aguilera a chic look while she judged on The Voice. Giannandrea took inspiration from a Japanese top bun with a ponytail.
- Apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion from mid-lengths to ends of wet hair. Blow-dry 1-2” sections with a large round brush. Directing hair in an upward motion, keep the hair straight at the roots and create roundness at the ends.
- Flat iron the sides and back hair sections flat. Distribute one pump of Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment through hands. Run the product through hair and apply more as needed to create a silky and shiny look.
- Section a triangle from the hairline on each side of the forehead, with the point at the crown and secure in a clip for later as it is the last portion to style.
- Brush the side and back sections up to the crown, keeping it very tight against the scalp. Create a tight, round bun and secure in elastic, letting the ends fall out in the back. If desired, razor cut the ends for an edgy finish.
- Unclip the triangle portion on the crown and backcomb with a teasing brush. Brush it backwards toward the bun, keeping it sleek and slightly voluminous.
- Wrap the ends around the base of the bun, covering the elastic and securing tightly with pins.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray to smooth fly-aways. Leave out wisps on top of the bun for an effortless appearance.
About: Macadamia Professional, The Oil Authority for Global Textures, offers salon quality hair care, treatment and styling solutions with transformational products that address the unique moisture and style control needs of each hair texture. Each product contains Macadamia’s exclusive PRO OIL Complex, a blend of therapeutic Macadamia and Argan Oils, rich in Omega 7, 5, 3, and 9 fatty acids, which deeply yet weightlessly nourish and repair hair from the inside out, rather than just conditioning from the surface, to renew hair’s natural texture with healthy shine, bounce and manageability.