National Ice Cream Day may have already passed, but there's no reason to stop celebrating. Drawing on inspiration from ice cream flavors and colors, Matrix colorists colorists dubbed their latest trend 'Ice Cream Color Melting,' and the hair colors are looking especially scrumptious.
Matrix artists Matias Loraschi (@matiasloraschi) and Paul Falltrick (@paulfalltrick) took their model from a dirty blonde to a silky platinum blonde–incredibly reminiscent of a smooth and sugary soft-serve vanilla.
Formula A: 1 scoop Light Master & 1 oz. 30 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Formula B: 1:1 Color Sync 10P & 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Formula C: 1:1 Color Sync 10A & 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Formula D: 1:1 Color Sync 10V & 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Get The Color:
- Use four-quadrant sectioning and 1/8 inch sub-sections.
- Apply Formula A starting 1/2 inch away from scalp, pulling through mid-lengths and ends. Process until 2/3 of desired lightness is achieved.
- Mix new batch of Formula A for scalp and apply.
- Process until desired lightness is achieved or up to 50 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, cleanse and lightly mist with Total Results Pro-Solutionist Instacure on the mid-lengths and ends.
- Create a horseshoe section at the parietal, clip for control.
- Working below the parietal apply Formula B from the scalp through the ends.
- Working above the parietal, create triangular sub-sections alternate applying Formula B, C and D until section complete.
- Process up to 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Apply BOND Ultim8 Step 2. Process for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and cleanse & condition with Total Results Brass Off Shampoo and Conditioner.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.