Celebrity hairstylist Frederic Aspiras used Matrix products to create Lady Gaga’s elegant look for the Emmy’s, and also by celebrity hairstylist Bridget Brager for Ashley Benson’s rock-and-roll glam look at the iHeart Radio Music Festival this past weekend. Recreate the looks with the step-by-steps below:
Lady Gaga by Frederic Aspiras
INSPIRATION: Grace Kelly’s effortless elegance. I wanted to create something soft and touchable. “Sounds like a lot of products but trust me every product is super light-weight and the results give you smooth, soft and shiny locks!”
1. First, apply Style Link Volume Builder to towel dried hair from roots to ends and comb through.
2. Next, add a small amount of Style Link Smooth Setter with a pump size amount of Style Link Gloss Booster and apply starting at mid-shaft to ends of hair. Comb through. Then, layer with an even spray of Style Link Turbo Dryer to speed up the drying process and tame frizz and flyaways.
3. Then, section hair for blow-drying. Using a 2-inch round titanium brush blow dry hair under and going back section-by-section.
4. After blow-drying is complete, use Style Link Shape Switcher to mold hair in place and create waves and shapes. “I chose to push the hair off the face and create waves that went back” In order to maintain the softness and movement of the hair.”
5. Finally, use Style Link Texture Builder to add hold and volume to this windswept look.
Ashley Benson by Bridget Brager
INSPIRATION: For Ashley's iHeart Radio look her glam squad went rock and roll, glam! Her eye was so fierce I knew her hair had to be smooth and gorgeous.
1. On damp hair, I used a dime-sized amount of Style Link Smooth Setter from mid shaft to ends to "skinny" the hair and enhance shine.
2. After blow-drying, I created a deep side part at a slight angle.
3. I set hair using a Ceramic Flat Iron in large sections. After each section was pressed, I clipped the hair in large rollers to cool.
4. After all the rollers were cool, I used a pea sized amount of the Style Link Smooth Setter (again!) and a pea sized amount of the Style Link Gloss Booster, mixed them together and raked the product through the hair- from roots to ends.
5. To finish the look I used a flat boar bristle brush and Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray and brushed the hair smooth and into shape.
About: Matrix a leading professional haircare and haircolor company in the United States, is part of L'Oreal USA's Professional Products Division. Founded in 1980, MATRIX is committed to the development of the salon professional and offers a wide range of products including: Biolage, Biolage ExquisiteOil, Biolage Advanced, COLORINSIDER, ColorSync, Design Pulse, Logics, SOCOLOR, Total Results, and Vavoom. For more information visit Matrix.com.