Last night, for the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, Ariana Grande’s stylist, Aaron Light used Matrix’s NEW Style Link Blow Out Queen Cream line to blow dry her bangs, as well as the rest of the Style Link line in order to achieve her look!
Please see below for a breakdown, as well as a photo of her look (image link below) if you think this could be a fit for anything you’re working on, or if you need anything additional.
1. Start by applying a small amount of Matrix Style Link Blow Out Big Queen Cream (arriving Sept. 1) to damp hair. Blow dry bangs with 1 inch round brush and then place them in a 1 inch roller. TIP: If you don't have rollers, wrap the hair around your finger and secure with a clip or bobby pin. Blow dry the rest of the hair so it is silky and smooth.
2. Brush hair into a high pony tail on the top of the head and secure with a hook bungee. This will create a tight pony tail with no slippage. For thick hair, use two bungees.
3. Spread a dime size amount of Matrix Style Link Shape Switcher onto finger tips and brush hands backward from the hairline to the pony tail to smooth any bumps and secure flyaways. Repeat with a barbering brush for extra smoothness.
4. Wrap a small piece of hair around the bungee and secure with a bobby pin. Spray pony tail with Matrix Style Link Mineral Rough Me Up Salt Infused Spray for texture. Remove roller from bangs and smooth as desired.
5. To finish the look, take a few random pieces from the pony tail and using a crimping iron, crimp the hair from top to bottom. TIP: Dust finger tips with Matrix Style Link Mineral Booster Texture Booster and lightly run through sections before crimping for extra texture and volume.
About Matrix: The Matrix philosophy is to inspire all salon professionals to transform a passion for beauty into personal success. By sustaining one of the industry's largest teams of educators including colorists and salon owners – Matrix artists remain dedicated to crafting style and motivating others to express personal creativity. Through innovation, education and inspiration, Matrix encourages hairdressers across the globe to share the American dream and imagine all they can be!