If you learn how to reverse your graduation, you can create the heavier disrupted fringe that's popular right now. To achieve these bangs, think inside out for this technique. Instead of cutting the perimeter first and then layering the fringe, approach the task in reverse!
Step-By-Step: Cut a Fringe with Reverse Graduation
1. Create a triangle section for the fringe area that will be cut in 3 sections.
2. Take the first horizontal section within the triangle and slide fingers to desired length and point cut with Sam Villa Signature Series 7” Dry Cutting Shears – the longer blades are good for point cutting. Keep the guide blade rested on the ring finger to stabilize the hand and scan cut through the section.
3. Take the second (middle) section, elevate diagonally to the guide, rest the guiding blade on the ring finger, and point cut slightly deeper than the first section.
4. Elevate the last section up to the guide with the finger angle behind the guide to allow for a deeper cut. Again, rest the guide blade on the ring finger and point cut the section.
5. Establish the length – keep the shear at a diagonal to remove length (and perpendicular for removing weight).
6. To soften the edge, take vertical sections and open and close the shears while rounding fingers out until all the hair is cut.
The result is a full fringe with rough disrupted edges that can be beveled with a comb and Sam Villa Signature Series Professional Straightening Iron for more body.
About: Sam Villa is Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken and Founding Partner of the Sam Villa brand (Allvus, LLC), designed to bring “More Sam to More People.” The educational world of this Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007), Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015), can be experienced on www.samvilla.com.
GET SOCIAL WITH SAM VILLA
SUBSCRIBE to Sam Villa's YouTube channel http://bit.ly/1kKQREn
Facebook (Professionals) http://www.facebook.com/samvillapros
Facebook (Consumers) http://www.facebook.com/samvillabrand
Twitter (Professionals) http://www.twitter.com/samvillapro
Twitter (Consumers) http://www.twitter.com/samvilla