Remember when ombré changed the hair game? And then there was mermaid and unicorn hair, and hair coloring seemed like it had reached its ultimate peak. That is, until color melting came along—seamless color graduation that combines the best of both worlds. Utilizing this mesmerizing technique, stylist Jaymz Marsters (@jaymz.marsters) took a step away from the traditional blonde and brunette melts and created a sizzling-hot melt.
Get the Look:
- Working off your client's natural part, create four subsections. Start at the back and work your way up.
- Apply Red Velvet Professional Gel Hair Color to the root area in one-inch to two-inch sections.
- Apply Solar Yellow Professional Gel Hair Color from the ends and work it up toward the root. Use the side of your brush to avoid harsh lines.
- Blend the two colors together using a custom mix of Solar Yellow Professional Gel Hair Color (60g) and Pussycat Pink Professional Gel Hair Color( 20g). Use your fingers to blend thoroughly.
- For the side sections, direct them back so they fall on top of each other. Moving forward, there will be less of a red root and the orange and yellow will come higher up to frame the face.
- Rinse with cool water to prevent color from running.