Updos are all the rage for bridal clients, prom-goers and even everyday wear, but, what do you do when a client with short hair asks for an upstyle? Short hair poses a challenge for obvious reasons: length and lack of hair, both of which tend to fall easily. This week, Ruth shows us how to create a windswept upstyle that’s perfect on bob-length hair. Watch the quick and easy process below:
Get the look:
- Prep the hair with Pureology Serious Colour Care Root Lift and blow it dry
- Start with a horseshoe section and lace the hair all the way around her head.
- Pull the hair back into a ponytail, twist it and pin it into the base you just created through lacing.
- Moving to the top section, lace the hair In horizontal sections across the horseshoe.
- Start to gently place the hair with your hands without combing through the lacing.
- Pull that section back, twist it, and then put pins to hold it in place.
- Watch the shape as you work so you can see what's happening from the profile as well.
About: Roche specializes in design/finishing trends and business – she’s as captivating in front of thousands as she is in an intimate in-salon setting. She is the winner of multiple North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) awards and has contributed to Milady’s Standard Textbook of Cosmetology. Stylists from around the world learn, grow and fuel their creative fire with her. She is an established celebrity stylist (Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes, Amy Adams, Pink, Jenna Fischer, Mariah Carey…) and maintains a loyal clientele at Cutler Salon in NYC. Website: ruthroche.com; Facebook; @RuthARoche; Instagram: @ruthroche; Twitter: @ruthroche; YouTube: @ruthrochetv.