This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido (@guidopalau) and Global Color Creative Director Josh Wood (@joshwoodcolour) created soft texture with gemstone coloring at Alexander Wang’s New York Fashion Week SS2018 Show.“The hair this season at Wang is much simpler – with less haircuts, it’s much more about the girls being themselves this season,” says Guido. “If the hair is straight, we use an iron to add a bit of texture. I am using Redken’s new No Blow Dry to define texture in the girls’ hair. And, of course, we colored [model Stella Lucia] hair for the show in collaboration with Redken Global Color Creative Director Josh Wood.”
Going into more detail about Lucia’s gemstone runway color, Wood says, “There’s an element about hair color that is like makeup, that you can be one color today and another tomorrow. We wanted to reference the ’90s and make it feel like right now, today here in New York. I’ve christened this color ‘rose quartz’. For me, it shows that you can have a very personalized tone of pink that suits your complexion as it’s not just one shade of pink.”
GET THE LOOK: THE STYLE
1. Prep hair by washing with Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Micellar Shampoo and Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Conditioner.
2. While hair is damp, apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken No Blow Dry Cream from the crown throughout the lengths to define texture.
3. Create a middle part using your fingers.
4. As hair dries, use your hands to slightly flatten down lengths to keep hair textured, but not too puffy.
5. If needed, using a curling iron throughout the lengths for added texture.
6. To set the look, apply a little more No Blow Dry Cream to further define texture.
GET THE LOOK: THE COLOR
Pre-Lightened Hair, Level 10
- 2 oz. Redken Shades EQ Pastel Pink (available in October) + 2 oz. Shades EQ Processing Solution processed for 20 minutes on clean, dry hair.
- Rinse, shampoo, and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.
- 2 oz. Redken City Beats Ballet Pink + 1 oz. City Beats in Clear + 1/8 oz. City Beats in East Village Violet + 1/8 oz. City Beats in Midtown Magenta processed for 20 minutes on dry hair.
- Rinse, shampoo and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com.