Sola Salon Studios, the largest, fastest-growing salon studio franchise in the United States, today announced its second Sola Sessions event, a piece of the organization’s broader initiative to provide Sola Salon professionals with industry-leading experiential educational resources. The event is exclusive to Sola Salon professionals and will be held on April 25, 2016 at the Radisson Blu Mall of America in Bloomington, Minn.
The event will feature a variety of notable leaders from across the salon professional industry, some of whom will reprise their speaking role from the inaugural Sola Session, held in Denver, Colorado in February, including Michael Cole, of SalonCentric; Kim Bennett Horvath, Director of Education at Sola Salon Studios; Jennie Wolff, Vice President of Marketing and Stylist Programs at Sola Salon Studios; and Stratton Smith and Matt Briger, co-founders of Sola Salon Studios.
Several new industry experts and leading educators will also take the stage to educate members of the Sola community:
- Gordon Miller, Publisher/ VP Integrated Media at American Salon Miller has more than 30 years of experience in the beauty industry and is known as a thought leader in social media and digital communications. He is known for his deep understanding for the best practices needed to develop and maintain great businesses and careers.
- Jessica Zeinstra, Andis Company Zeinstra, who serves on the international education team for Andis Company, has focused her career on the craft of men’s grooming and classic barbering. Zeinstra currently serves a diverse client base out of her Minneapolis Sola Salon Studio.
- Colin Caruso, Paul Mitchell As a Paul Mitchell National Trainer and Focus Salon Owner, Caruso believes that education is the basis for new ideas and building the conversation about hair.
- Heather Kaanoi, Paul Mitchell As an International Trainer, Kaanoi spends most of her time on stage working and educating for Paul Mitchell The School – Costa Mesa.
- David Lowry, Paul Mitchell Lowry, also a Paul Mitchell National Educator, believes Paul Mitchell education has given him balance and reason, thereby making him the stylist he is today.
- Oscar Bond, Hattori Hanzo Shears Bond began his career in the industry as an educator at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in London before exploding onto the salon scene in the United States. He has been featured in a variety of notable magazines including Vogue and Marie Claire.
- Justin Thomas, Hattori Hanzo Shears A platform artist and educator, Thomas is referred to as “the Prodigy” by his peers in the industry. Admired for his work both on and off the set, he boasts an impressive global clientele.
Jennie Wolff, Sola’s Vice President of Marketing and Stylists Programs, said the inaugural Sola Session in Denver showcased what is possible by providing Sola professionals with exclusive education opportunities that are applicable to their entrepreneurial career goals and aspirations.
“Our goal is to show our Sola professionals that not only are they unbelievably strong and powerful as individuals, but when they all come together as one, there is no limit to what they can accomplish,” Wolff said. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to continue hosting the Sola Sessions and promote a sense of growth and togetherness within the Sola community.”
For more information about the Minneapolis Sola Session, please visit https://www.solasalonstudios.com/sessions
About: Founded in 2004, Sola Salon Studios provides high-quality, individually owned salons to experienced hairdressers, estheticians, nail techs, massage therapists and other like-minded salon professionals who come together under one roof to take their careers to the next level.