When it comes to running a business, knowing what’s working and what’s not helps prevent those random panic attacks where you question not just your business, but your purpose in life—yes, we know you’ve had them. Before you throw yourself over the coals, set yourself up for success by taking it upon yourself to track and better understand the inner workings of your business.
Below, we have nine of the most important metrics you should be tracking in your business:
- Number of new clients (per week and per month)
- Number of referral clients (per week and per month)
- Number of repeat clients (per week and per month)
- Number of clients you pre-booked
- The cost per service vs the amount charged
- The number of clients that bought retail
- The average retail income per client
- Where did new clients come from?
- Most common services (per week and per month)
Now that you can see where your clients are coming from and you’ve got a clear view on your retention rate, you’ll have a better idea of where you should be devoting more energy in your business, and you can further fuel the areas of your business that are working for you.
American Salon is pleased to welcome the Business of Balayage, a collective of brilliant independent educators, as they share a series of business building blogs on americansalon.com. For more information, visit www.thebusinessofbalayage.com.