I’m in the business of success. I travel across the country giving salons and stylists the business solutions they’re looking for. Here are my top five secrets for a successful salon, now!
(1) Stay up-to-date with new products, services and business tools. Continuing to pursueeducation and training on all the latest information, techniques and tools is my #1 secret tosuccess. Redken.com is my go-to for education, trends, techniques and building promotions. Ialso follow American Salon, Fashion Week trends and Redken and L’Oréal on Twitter.
(2) Sell your brand and sell yourself! Get into the habit of sharing your work, latest deals and evenopen appointments online. You’ll be amazed by the results. I also use Facebook on a regularbasis. It’s extremely effective for sharing information, whether it’s an in-salon promotion or deal on my eCommerce page through StyleSeat. I also love Instagram for sharing beautiful photos.In my experience, it has helped to combine efforts across multiple platforms to reach as manyaudiences as possible.
(3) So what are the latest business tools? As the world (and our industry) becomes more and moredigital, I’ve been looking for tools that help clients interact with my salon, online. One of my favorites, StyleSeat, has a full suite of integrated digital tools that allows you to run, manage andgrow your business….and it’s free.
(4) Be a secret shopper. I love checking online to see what successful big box stores are doing todrive their sales. Use this as inspiration for your own salon to give clients an amazing experienceand offer promotions on professional hair care and styling products.
(5) Be a part of a community. For me that’s not just Westchester County; I’ve found a globalcommunity in Redken, even an online community with Redken’s dedicated stylist socialnetwork, The Break Room. Find your community and get involved. I believe the more you putout into the world, the more that comes back. I love giving back to the industry that has been sogood to me.
About: Linda Macchi is the owner of Salon 877 in Westchester County, New York. A certified Redken educator,Linda has taught business at the bi-annual Redken Symposium, one of the largest industry shows in theworld, for six years!
About: ShopSalon.com powers thousands of salons’ personalized eCommerce sites, helping connect clients totheir salon professional. Consumers can now buy their favorite hair care, nail, and styling productsonline from an authorized location and support local salon business at the same time.
Participating brands include Essie, Kerastase, L’Oréal Professionnel, Matrix, Mizani, Pureology, Redken5th Avenue NYC and Shu Uemura Art of Hair.
ShopSalon.com is powered and maintained by L’Oréal USA’s Professional Products Division incollaboration with StyleSeat, the leading destination for booking beauty and wellness appointments.