Well, here’s my final American Salon blog post for 2016.
To keep you from dragging the wrong stuff from 2016 into 2017, I offer you the following ten salon/spa owner resolutions for 2017. Read them. Digest them. Implement them … and make each and every resolution stick.
Here are your ten leadership resolutions for 2017:
1. Stop tolerating the intolerable: When you tolerate the intolerable, it becomes your “normal.” There’s funky stuff going on in your company that needs to go away - and it’s your job to get rid of it.
2. It's always about the dream: Your team may respect and be loyal to you, but it’s your dream that inspires them. It’s always about the dream - the vision of your company. If your company is vision isn’t burning bright, it’s time to buff it up and make it shine again.
3. Beware of the Entrepreneurial Curse: The entrepreneurial curse is not about being "burned out" as much as it is about feelings of being stuck and lost in your own company. Reread resolution number two. It’s time to go no compromise. Give Strategies a call. We’ll show you how.
4. Where’s that fire in your gut? I’m referring to that deepest level of passion that pushes you to fight for what you believe in, to achieve your wildest dreams – to captivate the imagination and spirit of those around you.
5. Success at the Factor of TEN: A leader must want to succeed ten times more than those they lead. No compromise.
6. Get rid of the Elephant: Those elephants hanging around your company living room aren’t your pets – they’re obstacles to growth. Bloated payroll costs, excessive debt, the superstar employee that could care less about your company and team - get rid of the elephant.
7. Average is easy – Extraordinary isn’t: Are you leading your company on the relentless pursuit of average? I think not. But how much of how you lead and how your company performs minimize its potential?
8. Keep your chaos to yourself: Chaotic companies are led by chaotic leaders. Leaders always need to be the first to change because that’s where chaos begins. No compromise.
9. Don’t collect monkeys: Problems are monkeys. People need to own their problems and fix them. No compromise.
10. Going No Compromise Means living it: No-Compromise Leadership is about doing what’s best and right for the company, its employees and its customers. It is about clarity, purpose and mutual respect. It is about taking ownership in what goes right and wrong in the company. Most of all, it means, “If it needs to be done – get it done.”
Happy New Year from all of us at Strategies
For more information on Neil Ducoff and Strategies, go to www.strategies.com
Neil Ducoff, Founder & CEO
About: Neil Ducoff is the founder and CEO of Strategies. Since 1993, Strategies has been transforming salon and spa businesses into dynamic, profitable, and sustainable team-based cultures. Neil is a business trainer, coach, keynote speaker and award-winning author. For more information on Neil and Strategies, go to www.strategies.com. You can email Neil at [email protected]