DoorDash has several new retail partners, including Lush Cosmetics, Victoria’s Secret, and Party City.
DoorDash, which started out as a food delivery company, now has more than 100,000 non-restaurant stores across its Marketplace and Drive platforms in North America. Plus, new shopping features to give consumers a more seamless experience including delivery windows, express delivery, enhanced search within retail stores, and frictionless in-app communication.
“Our mission is to bring consumers all the best of their neighborhoods to their doorstep, including retail, grocery, convenience, and alcohol items, at low cost while saving them time,” said Fuad Hannon, VP of New Verticals at DoorDash. “Features such as express delivery ensure that our customers get essentials like over-the-counter medicine quickly while enhanced search lets them easily find travel necessities for that last-minute weekend trip. We’re proud to develop these features in partnership with retailers as consumers crave convenience, alongside speed and selection.”
Through the significant headway DoorDash made in its selection efforts on the platform and investments in new verticals, more than 98 percent of its monthly consumers in the U.S. have access to a non-restaurant retail store on DoorDash. Today, new retail partners on DoorDash include:
- Lush Cosmetics: North American beauty and wellness retailer and a pioneer in fresh, handmade cosmetics, Lush Cosmetics is now available for on-demand bath and beauty delivery on the DoorDash app. Consumers can shop for everything from popular bath bombs to gift sets and more from over 250-plus Lush stores across the U.S. and Canada on DoorDash.
- Victoria’s Secret: DoorDash also announced a new partnership with Victoria’s Secret. Consumers can now order everything from lingerie to PJs, and fragrance to accessories, from hundreds of stores across the U.S. on DoorDash.
- Party City: Last week, DoorDash announced a partnership with Party City, the global celebrations category leader, to bring on-demand party supplies delivery directly to consumers from over 700 stores nationwide. The expansion of this partnership on DoorDash Drive powers delivery for their first-party channel and the DoorDash marketplace.
DoorDash will continue to build and invest in products and initiatives to support retail partners’ overall experience and drive their success on its platform. In tandem, they are focused on helping consumers access anything they need in their local neighborhood with ease, speed, value, and convenience. They also shared new and updated features that will give consumers a more seamless and frictionless shopping experience every time:
- Flexible and Fast Delivery: DoorDash is adding more delivery options that will allow consumers to save money by scheduling ahead with delivery windows or have their essentials delivered faster with express delivery.
- Search and Discovery: They are optimizing the search and discovery experience for consumers to easily search within their favorite retail store to find the specific items they need. Now with more relevant in-stock options, they can quickly add to cart with on-demand delivery in under an hour, on average.
- Frictionless Communication: Consumers can depend on DoorDash to deliver the missing item needed for tonight’s dinner and rest assured that the substitutions they’re receiving are the best next item. They can share their substitution preferences and communicate seamlessly with a Dasher if a change or swap is needed.
The future for everything is on-demand and same-day as consumers want faster and easier ways to get their favorite brands delivered to them. By creating opportunities for retailers to compete in new ways and reach customers online while meeting consumers where they are, DoorDash is continuing its mission to grow and empower local economies.