Beto Sanchez writes in with the top 5 reasons he loves working at Ulta Beauty as a Design Team Member. If you're on the hunt for your dream job, or are simply curious about what's out there, check out the Ulta Beauty Advantage Career Guide!
After owning a salon in Mexico, I moved to the U.S. and continued working at salons while focusing on haircolor and styling education for Wella and GHD. I was inspired by Ulta Beauty’s Pro and Design Teams working together at beauty events. I wanted to have a platform to share my knowledge, but also to promote values like diversity, inclusivity and representation in the beauty industry.
- The career growth is amazing. Many people on my team built up their books at the salon, and some were promoted to management and corporate positions.
- I’ve been able to prove to myself and my loved ones that you can have a solid and certain career as a hairstylist, thanks to benefits like a 401(k) and paid vacation.
- Ulta Beauty embraces and welcomes all races, skin tones, hair types, etc. As an immigrant, brown-skinned, Mexican, gay man I feel included and represented in images that showcase our brand but also in everything I was taught when I joined the team about respect for different lifestyles.
- The possibility to get 70 percent commission is very unlikely to be matched in any other salon!
- The education and passion that associates, educators, managers, and the Design and Pro Teams show for our beauty industry is like nothing I’ve seen.