Giannandrea, renowned celebrity stylist and creative director of Hair Prescriptives, styled Kate Hudson at the 2021 Venice Film Festival with a look he calls “Bohemian Rapsody." The loose, effortless waves cascaded gorgeously past the shoulders while framing Hudson’s face. Here, he shares how to get this look:
- Wash hair with Hair Prescriptives Stimulating Shampoo and Enriching Conditioner to provide hydration and to make hair manageable while imparting volume. Next, section damp hair into a middle part and begin to towel-dry the hair while brushing it downward with a wide-tooth comb to prepare for styling.
- Start by blow-drying hair with a large round brush in large sections to create an ample blowout—starting from the nape area and moving to the top.
- Take a 1½-inch round Marcel iron, starting from the crown area, and create mid-section waves. All the sections should be 1-inch in size. Work in a long, flat and round technique around the iron for alternating pattern to make hair more natural looking.
- After waving each section, stretch the sections to let the length of the hair relax in a downward wave. Pro-Tip: Make sure to use the face as your guide as the waves should fall accordingly to the face shape. Use the cheekbones as a guideline for how the front part should flow.
- Once the whole head is waved, take a dime-size amount of Hair Prescriptives Daily Nourishing Styling Cream and run it only from mid-length to ends with your fingers. Pro-Tip: use only your fingers, no tools, combs or brushes, for this part.
- After achieving the desired look, take a small amount of Hair Prescriptives Glamorous Glossing Serum in your hands and run it only in the ends of the hair for added shine.
“This style is all about a modern bohemian vibe," he adds. "The top part of the hair is to remain dry while the mid-length to ends showcases a more semi-moist texture using the HPx gloss to finish. Calibrating this part is essential to the overall result of this effortless contemporary red-carpet look."