Long, soft layered waves is the epitome of a summer hairstyle. TONI&GUY international artistic director and head of education Cos Sakkas shares how to achieve the look, inspired by classic finger waves and Kate Moss' rocker-chic fringe and layers.
- Create a central parting with a pin-tail comb.
- Apply gel from the roots to the mid-lengths of the hair.
- Combing hair at a natural fall, place finger parallel to the parting in an equal distance and direct the hair in between the fingers in a forward and back direction, alternating a finger wave technique.
- Apply a glossy hold spray to the end of the back area of the hair and create a knot in the middle of the length.
- The entire head is diffused and left to cool down.
- The knot is removed and a nice distressed texture should appear, decorating the side behind the ear with clips or accessories to get a flatter and more modern feel.