Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on dramatic 40s-into-70s swoops at Miu Miu’s FW20 PFW Show.
“The hair at Miu Miu this season was based on the '40s, but with a twist on the '70s," Guido said. "I like to think of it as how a girl might do her hair in a 40s style during the 70s. It’s a glam, tough girl who is very Miu Miu, and who is always a bit rebellious. I left the lengths loose and a touch messy, which also reminds me of how a girl might do her hair at home – with more of a focus on the front. My key products were Redken Guts 10, the NEW! Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo for a touch of volume at the root, and Redken Triple Dry 15 Dry Texturizing Spray for an effortless airiness to the models’ lengths and ends."
1. Prep hair by washing with the newly-repackaged Redken Detox Hair Cleansing Cream.
2. Center part your hair using your fingers.
3. Apply Redken Guts 10 through your roots and lengths for added volume, then blow-dry hair with your fingers until fully dry.
4. Apply a few spritzes of the NEW! Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo to your roots to add in some touchable volume.
5. Section a 2” section on either side of your part, then use a 1-2” curling iron to add a dramatic swoop bend on either side.
6. Spritz each side with Redken Triple Pure 32 Hairspray to hold each section without any crunch. Use clips to hold until fully cool.
7. Spritz a few spritzes of Redken Triple Dry 15 Dry Texturizing Spray throughout your lengths and ends and tousle for an effortless finish.
8. Once hair has fully cooled, remove the clips.