"Kaia had had some highlights over quarantine and wanted the look to be stronger and more punk, so we added her root color back in and lifted the mid-lengths and ends to a light raw blonde. We were referencing Kurt Cobain for the inspiration," he told American Salon.
"I had some varying tones mixed up using Pravana [Chromasilk Pastels Pretty in Pink], then diluting a mix with Olaplex [No.6 Bond Smoother] leave-in conditioner just in case she wanted a more subtle pink," he added. Ultimately, they decided to go with pure color to start strong and gradually fade with each wash.
- Start with freshly washed towel-dried hair.
- Section the hair into a center part all the way through from hairline to the nape then from center part to each ear.
- Starting from the bottom, apply with your hands, massaging in as you go like you’re applying a conditioning mask on each four sections.
- When it’s fully applied, comb through with a wide-tooth comb and leave on for 25 minutes.
- Rinse out, no need to shampoo.
Watch the full tutorial below!