For Chanel's 2022 Tribeca Film Festival Arts Dinner, celebrity stylist Monaé Everett gave Industry and Bodies, Bodies, Bodies star Myha'la Herrold's thick curly hair a sleek classic look. Here's how she achieve the piecey flipped up look.
- Apply Biolage Hydrasource Daily Leave-in Cream for Dry Hair for added hydration.
- Next up, she add the Biolage Thermal Active Spray (what she calls her "secret weapon") as a heat protectant, and then layer Biolage Smooth Proof Serum into damp hair.
- Blow-dry the hair straight using a flat brush in an upward direction to add volume and movement.
- Once dry, create 1-inch sections and use a tourmaline flat-iron to flip the ends of the hair away from the head. In the fringe, smooth the hair under.
- After loosely tousling the hair, set the style in place with Biolage Complete Control Spray.
About Monaè Everett
Monaé Everett is a celebrity hair stylist, author and public speaker with over 18 years of experience. Her work can be seen in media ranging from Harper's BAZAAR to Yahoo! and ESSENCE to Hair's How. She has worked with celebs including Tia Mowry, Yara Shahidi, Brenda Song and Nickelodeon starlets That Girl Lay Lay and Gabrielle Nevaeh Green.
Monaé loves to educate and has launched "The Monae Life Academy" online academy specifically for hairstylists, teaching how to style for editorials, celebrities, and styling for all hair textures. She recently released her second book “Get Out of Your Own Way”.