Caralee Pridemore (@caraleestyles), Sam Villa ambassador, shares an easy half-up, half-down style posh enough for a party or wedding, yet chill enough for a Zoom meeting.
- Prep hair by blow-drying with a round brush, like Sam Villa Signature Series Thermal Round Brush 1.5 inch.
- Take 1-inch sections all over head and compress with a texturizing iron, like this one, about four fingers down from the root to build a strong foundation for a lasting style.
- Starting at the crown, backcomb down about two inches to create additional volume at the root.
- Take two small sections of hair from the left, twist and tunnel pin towards the center. Repeat on other side. Lightly pinch and pull apart twists to slightly create a soft effortless look.
- Use a 1-inch marcel iron and wand to create beach waves in alternate directions, leaving the ends straight. Pull hair apart and fluff out pieces randomly for a more causal feel.
- Take a horizontal section near the occipital bone, create a soft bun and pin at the root. Gently pull at the bun to pancake or expand it.
- Apply smoothing cream and hair oil for a frizz-free style and to create more dimension on highlighted hair (can be applied before and after curling).
- Pull with fingers and run a comb through random sections for a soft, natural look