Celebrity stylist Monaè Everett has been making strides teaching other beauty pros how to style for editorial photo shoots and celebrity clients with The Monaè Life Academy, and just yesterday appeared on Good Morning America to share some of her invaluable tress tips. Here, she recaps how to impart frizz-free moisture to curls—check out the clip below to see how she did it.
- After a cleansing shampoo, deep condition hair by adding ingredients from your pantry (coconut oil and eggs) to the conditioner. This helps to add protein and moisture to tresses to prepare them for the direct heat.
- Section curls into five large sections to detangle. Use a leave-in conditioner that doubles as a heat protectant and the Fromm Flexer Detangling Wet brush. Layered Oribe Smoothing cream and the Naked by Essations Satin and Silkening Glaze onto strands.
- To ensure the highest level of heat protection and evenly distribute the products, use the Fromm Hot Paddle Brush. That brush also comes in handy to smooth each section. To create extra bounce, use the Fromm Intuition square brush. Square brushes can pull the hair straight and add bounce and a curl.
- After a quick trim, smooth the hair with FHI Sleek Rose Gold Flat Iron. Also use the iron to add movement to the ends.
- This blowout should last approximately 10 days, until shampooing. To maintain the style at home, clients should either wrap hair in a circular manner or put hair in a high ponytail and twist the ends down and secure it in place. It's important to cover hair with a silk or satin scarf while sleeping.