When you think wine-colored hair, you likely think of a full-bodied merlot, cabernet or pinot nior—a deep plum or burgundy shade that closely resembles a glass of red wine. But, let's not forget about the sweetness of moscato. The lighter wine-like color incorporates light brown and soft pink hues for a shade that's too intoxicating to resist. Caitlin Dugan (@coloredbycaitlin), owner of the Beauty Lounge in Watertown, Connecticut, accented her client's natural auburn hair with brandy and pastel pink for this moscato color. Here's how:
Get the Look:
- Pre-lighten hair with 30-volume lighteners for balayage, 20-volume for teasy-lights and baby-lights.
- Color melt with Redken Shades EQ and apply the following formulas on damp hair:
- Zone 1: 4NB+6NB equal parts. Blend the color downward.
- Zone 2+3: 9V, 9NB/9RB and pastel pink equal parts.
- Process for 20 minutes.
- During the last five minutes, re-saturate Zone 2 + 3 with only pastel pink.