Butterfly Loft Salon owner and Pulp Riot co-founder Alexis Thurston (@alexisbutterflyloft), is joined by Pulp Riot stylist Rickey Zito (@hairgod_zito) to create a cool-toned mermaid look of lavender, teal and turquoise. To compliment the colorful tutorial, the duo also shares tips specifically for rainbow lovers, with washing techniques for at-home color maintenance, how to get the most out of using direct dyes and capturing the perfect Instagram photo.
Get The Look:
- Blue: Pulp Riot Seaglass Semi-permanent Color deepened with a drop of Pulp Riot Aquatic Semi-permanent Color.
- Pink: Pulp Riot Lilac Semi-permanent Color deepened with a drop of Pulp Riot Semi-permanent Color in Jam.
- Mint: Pulp Riot Seaglass Semi-permanent Color.
- Prep hair by washing with shampoo, skipping conditioner and drying.
- Working off a radius, section hair in vertical ½” sections with clips.
- From the crown, apply the color to each section working in a pink, blue then mint color pattern around the head. Make sure to saturate each section fully by applying from the roots underneath, on top and then side-to-side from midlengths to ends.
- Process at room temperature for 40 minutes, and rinse with cool water without shampoo.
About: Pulp Riot is the first vibrant hair color that is also vegan, gluten-free & cruelty free! Pulp Riot is easy to use and requires no developer. To learn more visit pulpriothair.com