It might be a rare occurrence to have a client with virgin hair come into the salon for a major color overhaul, but it does happen. While these hair “unicorns” are easier to dye and lighten, going from one extreme to to another in one session is still a difficult task. Hair colorist and salon owner Jack Martin (@jackmartincolorist) proved he was up to the challenge with this eight-hour hair transformation that took his client from a natural level two black to a silky silver platinum.
Get the Look:
- Lighten the whole head starting 1 and ½ inches away from the root using Schwarzkopf BlondMe +30 Volume + Olaplex No.1 until a level 11 light pale blonde is achieved.
- Using the same formula with 20 Volume + Olaplex No.1, lighten the roots. Repeat this twice until a level 11 is reached.
- Shampoo with Fanola No Yellow.
- Tone with Wella Professionals Color Charm T18 + 20 Volume 1:2 ratio + 1/2oz Wella Professionals Color Charm 050 Cooling Violet Additive for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair and treat with Olaplex No.2 for 20 min.
- Shampoo, cut and style with a 2-inch curling iron.