In the dead of winter, there's a good possibility you're going to have a client who is on the hunt for an in-between shade—the perfect combination of warm, cool, light and dark—to carry them through until springtime. Good news ladies and gents, we just may have found the solution clients and stylists alike have been searching for. Susan Aw, (@susan.aw) a colorist at Averlinc Hair Salon in southern California, painted a smoky blonde balayage over a dark brown base and we are loving the results.
Get the Look:
- Paint baby lights on front half with face-frame focus using formula18 lightener + 10-volume developer
- Balayage back half with formula18 lightener + 20-volume developer
- Process until hair is lifted to level 9-10 yellow shade
- Tone with Schwarzkopf 1oz 9.5-22, 1oz 8.29, 1/2oz 9.1 + 7-volume developer
- Create root shadow with Kenra Professional Demi-Permanent Color 7A+7N
- Process for 20 minutes.