Adding rich reds into dark hair is the perfect way to add a flattering color pop this season. Use darker hues to make it subtle, or, opt for a romantic touch with light pastels. Somewhere in between the two is this bright winterberry color from balayage specialist Mackenzie Myers (@mackpaintedthat), created to refresh faded balayage. Using a mixture of blush, yellow, purple and even a little turquoise ribboned throughout, the multi-dimensional, warm-toned look is bound to become a fast favorite.
Get the Look:
- Touch-up roots using Joico Lumishine 4NC and Rusk 10 volume developer.
- Leave to process for 30 minutes, with Olaplex No.2 on ends.
- Shampoo and dry.
- On dry hair, apply a mixture of Pulp Riot Cupid, Sea Glass and Lemon. For dimension, alternate between pieces of Jam mixed with Lilac, and straight Blush.
- Process for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- To style, add waves with a one-inch ghd Gold Styler.