If you're anything like me, the change of seasons doesn't dictate your coffee order—iced coffee is my go-to all year long. But a few months back, I switched up my regular coffee order and tried the much-raved-about cold brew coffee (which, without getting too technical, is a less bitter iced coffee).
Kimberly Bonondona, a New York City-based balayage expert, took note of the cold brew craze and used it as a source of inspiration for a haircolor look that's gone viral. First covered by PopSugar, Bonondona's multi-dimensional brunette ignited the trend, and soon colorists everywhere were creating their own variations—just search #coldbrewhair on Instagram and you'll see what I mean. Here, Bonondona shares her formula for the dreamy fall shade.
Client was a natural level three with some grown-out highlights
- Apply Schwarzkopf Igora Bleach and 30-volume Developer with thick tease and weave sections
- Leave about 2 inches of natural in-between for dimension
- Let that sit for 25-35 minutes, or until client reaches a level 6
- Apply Wella 3n to the root and comb through, and let that sit for about five minutes
- Tone the entire head with Delyton 5CP and a little 4CP, and process for 15 minutes