Hollywood's leading ladies certainly brought their A-game to the Grammy's last evening, but we have to give the guys some credit too. Former One Direction member Zayn Malik took to the red carpet donning a blush pink suit and a tousled-top hairstyle courtesy of celebrity groomer Joanna Simkin.
While the singer has experimented with his fair share of hairstyles—buzz cut to platinum blonde—his recent look is one of our favorites. Here, Simkin shares how she achieved his look with Baxter of California.
- Starting with clean hair, rough towel-dry to slightly damp. (If hair is fine, use a blow-dryer for some lift. Thick hair can start with damp hair to the same effect.)
- Start with a dime-sized amount of Clay Pomade and warm it between palms to make sure there are no clumps of product or too much concentration of product in any one place.
- Starting at the back of the head, coat the hair with Clay Pomade. If you need more product, repeat, using a dime-sized amount of product.
- Pro tip: It’s better to layer than start with too much.
- Once hair is coated, finger style.
- If there are any random flyaways, smooth just those with a tiny bit more Pomade.
- Once the style is to your liking, spray with Clay Effect Style Spray to hold.