Last week, Prada drew a number of notable celebs, designers and models to a former piano factory in New York City for the debut of its '90s-esque 2019 Resort collection.
Combining loose-fitting pieces with bold prints, WWD described the collection as "inclusive of specific references to the spring 1996 collection in which Miuccia Prada famously thrust 'ugly' prints into the forefront for fashion."
Guido Palau, Redken global creative director, capitalized on choppy highlights and tousled texture to match the vibe of the collection. "We liked the idea of random color throughout the hair," Palau says, "And the messy side part is simple, classic Prada. The result almost feels cool, downtown and uptown simultaneously."
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Side part your hair with your fingers on the right side of your head, directly above the center of your eyebrow.
- Take a few 1” sections of extensions that contrast with your natural hair color. (If you are brunette, use a whitish blonde. If you are blonde, try a dark brown shade.)
- Clip the extensions into your hair around the crown and hairline to create dimension and contrast.
- If the extensions are longer than your hair, trim them to blend in with your lengths.
- Wave your lengths and the extensions with a 1” curling iron. Allow hair to cool.
- Spray a few spritzes of Redken Wax Blast 10 throughout your lengths and tousle your hair with your fingers for a piecey, multi-dimensional look.
- Clip the crown area of your hair down close to your scalp to accentuate your head shape.
- Spray a heavy dose of Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray on the top of your head to hold the hair down. Allow the hairspray to dry.
- Take the clips out and use your fingers to soften the hairline around your ears and your crown to soften the style.