With the holiday season almost in full swing, holiday get-togethers are around the corner! Get your hair holiday party ready with pro tips, tricks and styles from Jason Lee, hairstylist, colorist and founder of Mela & Kera.
Half-Up Holiday Waves
One of my favorite looks for the holidays is always a good half-up pony with large, crimped waves. I always suggest starting a good ponytail by styling the hair first,” says Jason Lee
Examples: Hailey Bieber, Khloe Kardashian (top photo)
Get the Look:
1. Spray the Mela & Kera Wave Foundation Spray ($32) on clean, wet hair for texture, heat protection, and wave memory.
2. Once evenly sprayed throughout hair, rough dry hair with a blow dryer.
3. Using a large crimping iron, go section by section waving the hair.
4. Secure a half ponytail high up on the head with an elastic band.
5. Finish the look with Mela & Kera Smooth Ends ($36), working through loose hair to tame fly-aways and polish the look.
Smooth and Sleek Low Pony
Another great way to dress up a look for the holidays is with a smooth, soft, low pony. Low ponytails are chic and modern and can be really dressed up with any type of festive accessory. – Jason Lee
Examples: Ariana Grande, Shay Mitchell
Get the Look:
1. Wash hair with Mela & Kera Touche Velours Shampoo ($36) and Conditioner ($38).
2. On towel dried hair, apply Mela & Kera Exquisite Blowout Crème ($36) for frizz control and heat protection.
3. Blow dry hair with a boar bristle round brush for added smoothness and shine and then take a 1” curling iron to create soft waves.
4. Once the waves are complete, take the Mela & Kera Le Brush 01 ($32) and brush out waves, to create a softer look.
5. Pull hair back into a low pony and add a sparkly headband of your choice.