Last week, we saw a delicate gold chain braided into The Handmaid’s Tale star, Yvonne Strahovski’s ‘do for the 69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Created by celebrity hairstylist Clariss Rubenstein (@clarissanya), the edgy-meets-classic style couldn’t have been any more perfect. “I wanted the look to be sleek,” says Rubenstein, “but for the bun to look lush and have life.”
Get The Look:
- Prep the hair with Kérastase Elixr Ultime Bi-Phase Spray Oil.
- Roughdry hair until 80 percent dry using the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. To dry the rest, use a ceramic round brush and a Mason Pearson Brush to create a smooth finish.
- Make a center part and section the hair into three sections. The back of the head is one and the other two from each ear forward.
- Coat hands with Oribe AirStyle Flexible Finish Cream and smooth the back section into a low ponytail. Continue by adding the side sections.
- Smooth the ponytail with a Mason Pearson Brush and tame any stray hairs with a light spritz of UNITE TRICKY Finishing Spray Wax.
- Attach a delicate gold chain to the ponytails base and braid into a simple three-strand, incorporating the chain within the wefts.
- Loosen the braid and wrapped it into a knot. Secure with textured hair pins
- To finish, spray a generous amount of Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray and set with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to finish the look.
About: What began as a single, revolutionary product that pioneered a new category in the beauty industry, has grown into a full line of hair and body products, all infused with nourishing antioxidant-rich argan oil, signature to the brand. Dedicated to providing the highest quality hair and body products, Moroccanoil has grown into an iconic beauty brand in less than a decade.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.
About: For more than a decade, UNITE has been committed to “making life easier for the salon owner and stylist.” A California based company with global reach, it places a premium on developing strong relationships with its salon partners and offering 360-degree support and turn key programs that go deeper than other brands. UNITE is also one of the rare hair care companies still owned by a hairdresser. Founder Andrew Dale’s career took him from the sophisticated streets of London to the sandy coast of the Pacific where, ultimately, he has followed his passion to teach. UNITE not only offers top tier product but the education and business tools to help a salon thrive. UNITE boasts a refined line of over 30 exceptionally formulated products for all hair types, with many signature skus coveted by stylists, influencers and celebrities. UNITE products are sold in over 2000 salons around the world and are guaranteed only when purchased through authorized professional beauty outlets and prestige stores, not from a drugstore, supermarket, mass outlet or unauthorized source. UNITE’s Academy and flagship UNITE Salon, where 100% of the proceeds go to charity, are located in San Diego, California.