Renee Zellweger took home the Oscar for Best Actress at the 92nd Academy Awards, and she won in the fashion, charm and beauty departments, too (don't even get us started on her incredible sculpted arms). Celebrity stylist Richard Marin for Biolage Professional Haircare created a circular chignon to complement her one-shouldered minimalist gown. Marin shares how he got the classic Hollywood look.
1. I began by spraying Biolage All In One Coconut Infusion Multi-Benefit Spray into her hair before beginning to style.
2. I added Biolage Glowtion Blow Dry Lotion and blow-dried using a paddle brush. I blow-dried her hair in the opposite direction of how it regularly lays to achieve maximum volume.
3. Next, I sprayed Biolage Thermal Active Spray on dry hair and ran a flat-iron quickly throughout the hair to achieve maximum shine. I then used a comb to backcomb the crown area and pulled hair into a low ponytail.
4. I added Biolage Texture Sap on the ends of the ponytail and then wrapped her hair up in a circular motion to create a circular chignon at the neck line.
5. I secured the bun with hair pins and did a final spray of Biolage Freeze Fix Spray.