Guy Tang (@guy_tang) is back to solve another paranormal “hairtivity” with a cut and color correction. For today’s how-to, Tang demonstrates how you can fix a client’s old, disconnected layers, lift previously-colored hair and cover grays for a warm, golden goddess color.
Get The Look:
- #Mydentity #Magnum8 Powder Lightener 40 grams + #Mydentity 40 vol Permanent Developer 1:1 ratio + Olaplex No.1 1/32 oz
- Root: #Mydentity Gold Ice 7GI Demi-Permanent 80 grams + #Mydentity Natural Ice 6NI Demi-Permanent 20 grams + #Mydentity 6 Demi- permanent Developer 1:2 ratio
- Transition: #Mydentity Gold Ice 7GI Demi-Permanent + #Mydentity 6v Demi-permanent Developer 1:2 ratio
- Mids: #Mydentity Gold Ice 7GI Demi-Permanent 75 grams + #Mydentity Crystal Clear 25 grams + #Mydentity 6v Demi-permanent Developer 1:2 ratio
- Ends: #Mydentity Gold Ice 7GI Demi-Permanent 50 grams + #Mydentity Crystal Clear 50 grams +#Mydentity 6v Demi-permanent Developer 1:2 ratio
- To fix disconnection, bring the overall length up to match layer length. Start by dry cutting any unwanted length off the bottom, and then pull layers straight out from the head and cut to connect and create a blended finish.
- For the color, use a backcombing technique and apply the lift vertically from the ends up. Crosscheck and reapply lightener around the roots if your client’s old hair color is not lifting. Remove as much orange and yellow as possible.
- Once hair has been lifted, washed and dried, apply formulas from the roots down and massage to seamlessly melt each color together at their meeting points. Process for 25 minutes, and wash following with Olaplex No.2.
About: Cult LA Colorist & Hair Activist, Guy Tang, created a social media dynasty by inspiring other stylists, just like him, to make a difference and change the world doing hair. Guy introduced his own unique style into the industry by providing education through hair art on his YouTube channel, Instagram and Facebook platforms. Through these platforms, Guy empowered his #hairbestie family to bring fun and excitement back into the industry. He is the creator of #Mydentity Color Line.