This season, Brandon Maxwell paid homage to the strength and conviction of the women who have opened doors for others with bold colors, tailored tops, flowy skirts and an array of textures and necklines in his SS18 collection.
To accompany this classic drama, James Pecis (@jamespecis), Oribe Global Ambassador, used Oribe Hair Care to create styles that enhanced and celebrated each model’s hair type. Mostly based off tousles and texture, each came together to create a final look that felt expensive and clean, with a youthful texture.
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair with Maximista Thickening Spray at the roots.
2. Blow dry hair to a smooth finish.
3. Using a 1.5-inch curling iron, create easy “S” waves in the hair, alternating sections to create a bend and texture.
4. If needed, use a blow dryer to break up the bends and waves.
5. Finish with Swept Up Volume Powder Spray to add body and texture to the hair.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.