Everyone loves a style that’s easy to master, fast to create and an instant crowd pleaser. Throw in the fact that it’s versatile, and you’ve got a serious winning look on your hands. This updo from Jenny Strebe (@confessionsofahairstylist) is perfect for bridesmaids looking for similar styles or clients looking for a day-to-night transition. With just a few adjustments, this updo can be transformed from pretty and polished to loose and textured. Let Strebe show you the way.
Get The Look:
- Prep with Kérastase Spray à Porter salt spray to add grip and texture.
- Create a center parting and pick up a small section to the right. Twist directing back and spray with Kérastase V.I.P. Volume in Powder Spray. Cross it over to the left and secure with a bobby pin. Repeat on the other side, crossing the section over the last.
- Take a section of hair from the right and rope braid, securing with an elastic. Spray with Kérastase V.I.P. Volume in Powder Spray and blouse out the rope braid to plump up the texture. Cross it over and secure with a bobby pin. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Take another section from the right side and twist inwards. Cross it over to the other side and secure with a bobby pin. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Take a larger section from the right side (incorporating the strands of the rope braid) and twist outwards. Cross it over to the other side and secure with a bobby pin. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Spray the remaining hair at the nape with Kérastase V.I.P. Volume in Powder Spray. Take a section of hair from the right and twist. Crossing it over to the left and secure with a bobby pin.
- For the remaining ends, finish with a simple rope braid and secure with an elastic. Blouse out the braid to add texture and twist the braid up into a low bun to create the updo. Set with hairspray.
- To transform the style from polished and sweet, blouse the entire style, gently pulling on each secured section to create volume and a looser feel. Finish by spritzing with more Kérastase V.I.P. Volume in Powder Spray to finish off the texture.
About: With over 15 years experience, Jenny Strebe harnesses the transformative power of hair to create visually-arresting styles, from high fashion editorial to popular everyday looks for the modern muse. Fusing her talent for hairdressing and devotion to education, Jenny founded leading blog and YouTube channel, The Confessions of a Hairstylist, and carved herself a niche as the go-to for hair how-tos. The site has over six million views on YouTube and a combined following of 600,000 on all social media outlets. She's been featured in leading magazine titles including online, and named one of the top hair bloggers in America. She is also a published book author of three hair tutorial books sold worldwide.