Searching for a look that’s going to showcase your client’s new Fallayage color? Watch as L’Oréal Professionnel Ambassador Anh Co Tran (@anhcotran) and Color Specialist Min Kim (@minkimcolorist) use a combination of Nu.Waves and Lived-In Waves to add texture, body and a whole lotta color-enhancing style. “It gives the hair a little body with a lot of movement to it, and because it isn't in one direction you also get a lot of texture,” says Anh Co Tran about his combo-wave technique. “All the waves blend together so it isn’t as mechanical."
GET THE LOOK:
- Shampoo and condition with L’Oréal Professionnel Vitamino Color A OX.
- Spritz L’Oréal Professionnel Vitamino Color A-OX 10 in 1 throughout and apply L’Oréal Professionnel Hollywood Waves Spiral Queen Mousse throughout the roots. Blast with heat and brush to create body and movement at the scalp.
- Use a Marcel iron to start creating waves.
- For the deep waves, hold the section straight out and press the barrel of the Marcel iron onto the top to create a dip. Continue by moving down the hair shaft, clamping the Marcel iron section by section as you work.
- For lived-in waves, use the Marcel iron to create a classic spiral curl but leave ends out.
- Style the sides first. For the face-framing sections, use the lived-in wave technique.
- Create body and movement by alternating the two different curl techniques and their direction throughout.
- Finish by brushing with a wide paddle brush and a spritz of L’Oréal Professionnel Next Day Hair.