Seen on celebs like Ashley Graham and Kim Kardashian, and even on some of the world's biggest runways, the just-out-of-the-shower look has quickly become the style du jour.
The latest appearance? Prada F/W 2018 during Milan Fashion Week. The show combined a mixture of rivaling fashion types—think feminine florals and fluorescents meets corporate workwear. To meet the odd yet effortless pairing of styles, Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on cinematic beauty with a wet-look style.
“The hair at Prada looks like a still taken of girl in a movie—it’s very cinematic. She’s a very strong, powerful woman, with a lot of style. It’s almost like she’s just stepped out of the shower and run her fingers through her hair," Palau says.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Blow-dry the front section of your hair backwards to add volume and smooth out your hair, smoothing out any excess curls if needed.
- Apply Redken Full Frame 07 to your palms and comb it through your top section toward the back of your head with your fingers to create a 50s, boyish vibe.
- Allow your hair to part slightly.
- Pull a few small pieces over the tops of your ears, like you’ve just come out of the shower.
- Apply a little bit more of Redken Full Frame 07 on your lengths on for added hold and texture.
- Add clips around your ear area and let the look set until dry.
- Remove clips.
- Spritz Redken Forceful 23 hairspray all over your crown and lengths for added hold.
- Once dry, pull some pieces to the front randomly for added texture.