Lady Gaga had one heck of a night at the 2019 Golden Globes on Sunday evening. On top of bringing home the Best Original Song award for “Shallow,” a popular ballad from last year’s rendition of A Star is Born, the singer/songwriter created quite a buzz when she hit the red carpet in a periwinkle Valentino Haute Couture gown.
no one does extravagance quite like @ladygaga and she did not disappoint in Couture Valentino with matching geriatric blue hair. Channeling some serious Cinderella vibes... that Tiffany necklace is to die for! #GoldenGlobes #GoldenGlobes2019 pic.twitter.com/UnMVoX6xiR— Lolo (@LoLo2You) January 7, 2019
While some saw a Cinderella resemblance, others were quick to jump on the Judy Garland inspo theory—namely, Garland in the 1954 version of A Star is Born. From the shade to the cut and the sleeve embellishments, the tribute seems blatantly obvious, but Gaga has yet to confirm if it was actually intentional.
Everything she does has meaning or a story... and @ladygaga looks like she’s paying tribute to Judy Garland from the 1954 version of A Star Is Born on the #GoldenGlobes red carpet tonight #AStarIsBorn #ERedCarpet pic.twitter.com/dn8hwQI3fv— Kelly Bazzle (@KellyBazzle) January 7, 2019
As for her Globes beauty look—Gaga debuted a new icy blue hue to kick off the year—she worked with celebrity hairstylist Frederic Aspiras to create a style that perfectly tied her look together. Here, Aspiras shares how he achieved the style.
- I used Joico Blonde Life Powder Lightener to create the brilliant blonde. Then, Joico Color Intensity in Sky and Rose, mixed with the Clear Mixer to create Cerulean Blue.
- To style, I used Joico Blonde Life Brightening Veil throughout. I then combed through the hair with the ghd detangling comb. Next, I used a ghd natural bristle radial brush size 1 and ghd air® hair dryer on high heat to dry the hair.
- I ran the ghd platinum+ styler throughout the hair to create a smooth finish and sprayed Joico Body Shake Texturizing Finisher throughout.
- I used a ghd oval dressing brush to sweep the hair up into ponytail and wrapped a d twist hair into a half bun, leaving the end of the hair out and parted to each side of her head.
- I then wrapped the ends of the hair around the ghd curve® soft curl iron to create long lasting curl. I finished by spraying Joico Humidity Blocker Finishing Spray.