Growing up in an eclectic place like Brooklyn, NY, Ursula Stephen had an innate interest in the hair and fashion world. Eager to get her start, she attended vocational school, earned a cosmetology degree before she even held a high school diploma and hustled on evenings and weekends to hone her craft. Today, the very area that Stephen grew up in is home to her eponymous salon, and the hair maven splits her time between Los Angeles and New York City working with a long list of celebrity clientele including Kerry Washington, Zendaya and most notably, Rihanna.
At this year's International Beauty Show, Stephen will be returning to her hometown to share more details about her rise to success, the razor-cutting technique that keeps Rihanna's hair in tiptop shape, and how hairstylists can elevate their craft and career simultaneously. Here, five reasons why you don't want to miss it.
1. Get access to the art of creating cutting edge cuts along with tips, tricks and techniques to take your craft and career to the next level.
2. Learn the how-to secrets of Ursula's legendary cuts, including Rihanna's legendary bob.
3. Understand the basics of a razor cut, including major dos and don'ts.
4. Understand the difference between a razor cut and scissor cut and which scenarios work best for each technique.
5. Hear Ursula's inspiring personal story as she shares her experience as an entrepreneur, stepping from behind the chair to freelance.
To register, visit ibsnewyork.com