Sonya Dove (@sonyadove), Ulta Pro Team member and Wella Professionals global artist, is the mastermind behind Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner’s gradual evolution from fiery red to brilliant blonde. “I worked on Sophie’s hair with low developers periodically to gradually lighten her hair and prevent damage,” Dove says. "It took me about a year and a couple of months to take her from red to blonde. I feel this is important for hairdressers to know as many times they try to make a client very light in one visit and the hair integrity gets ruined."
Here, she shares the formula and technique for how she achieved Turner's bright babylights blonde.
- Babylights A: Blondor Multi Blonde Powder + 10-volume + Wellaplex No. 1
- Babylights B: Koleston Perfect ME + 12/61 and 30-volume
- Starting at the nape of the hair at the back, alternate babylight formulas.
- Leave big sections in between the babylights. As you work forward, the hair left out in between will be less.
- Rinse and follow with Wellaplex No. 2 for 10 minutes.
- Shampoo the hair with Invigo Brilliance and towel-dry.
- Tone and gloss hair with 30 g. Koleston Perfect ME+ 10/96, 30 g. Welloxon Pastel Developer and 30 g. Color Post Treatment for 10 mins.